Friday, March 25, 2011

My Experience at the Met

I had an excellent time at the Metropolitan yesterday. I paid nine dollars for the entrance but it was the best nine dollars I ever spent. I was in awe while walking the hallways of the Metropolitan. As I walk the halls, I almost lost my sanity from the art work so, I paused, and I thought about the primary artwork that sparked my interest. With that in mind, I focused on European Artwork. my first was Diego Velazquez but changed after the first hour of my visit. I saw some of the greatest artwork from artists like Claude Monet, Rembrandt Vanrijin, Aguste Rodin, El Greco, Titian, George de la Tour, Philippe de Champaige, Bartolome Esteban Murnlio and much more. I felt like a kid in a candy store and all good things must come to an end. Although I had to part, I hold much memory of art from the Metropolitan Museum. This is must visit for lovers of art.
My second paper will be on Rembrandt( Aristotle with a bust of homer).

6 comments:

  1. Great Gary... that's what this class is all about! The hard part is to pick just one artist! So glad you got to the Met first....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gary I enjoyed your pictures and hope my visit is just as rewarding. I am so glad you found your Diego Velazquez! I sure could use your expertise in posting pictures. I too am getting internal error messages like Cheryl. Please share your secret knowledge!! Cheers, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. good night kim, click on the new post tab and then click on the brower tab and it will pull up all the file/pictures loaded on your computer. after you locate your picture, click on the upload tab and you should see the image you selected. next click on done. finally your image should appear in the text box. click on post your image and it should appear on the class blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gary, I am doing this over and over again and keep getting an internal error message. I have even converted my pictures from jpeg to every designation and still they won't post. Are you taking pictures from your cell phone? I use a droid and wonder if that is the issue. Many thanks, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah, I use my cell-phone(blackberry) and digital camera to post to our blogger. I'm so sorry your having so much difficulties. do you attend classes on campus? if so, I'll meet you prior to my class on tuesday or thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I do but on Wednesdays. Thanks for the offer I am going to try using firefox instead of explorer to see if that works.

    ReplyDelete