Sunday, March 13, 2011

Welcome to The Museum Experience!

Hello Everyone!

I want to welcome you to class and hope that you are getting geared up to begin a new Mod....

This online class is unlike any other offered at Albertus.  I have chosen to take the class off Campus Cruiser and use the powerful resources and the new power of Web 2.0 to make this a richer, easier and I hope more fun experience for you.

So here is what you need to succeed:

-The class syllabus... is hosted at my own domain.  I have numerous links for you to check out and images posted with it... something I can't do on Campus Cruiser.  Please check it out here

http://jnevins.com/museumsyllabus1.htm

This is actually the textbook for the class too as all of the questions I'd like you to consider and links to rich resources about writing about art and other helpful links are all here.

The Class Blog

or here... http://mod4museumexperience.blogspot.com/

Don't get scared...  Blogging is easy!  You need to create an account for yourself at gmail (a google company... they own blogger now)  I had Blogger send you an invitation to join the class blog... it was sent to your Albertus email acct .on campus cruiser.  Click on the link in the email inviting you to join!  This will take you to a page where you can create an account and automatically be linked to the class blog.    I created a short video on how to blog here

Check out the class blog from the summer Mod 5 museum class... here

You will get a sense how things will go and what's expected.  There are links to individual blogs on the right hand side near the top of the page.

By the end of the first week, I am expecting you to post a tentative list of museums and dates to this blog and to post a hello and short autobiography about yourself here as well.  That will get the ball rolling.

Above all, I want you to have fun with this class.  Take friends and family along with you.  Don't shortchange yourself... give yourself a day to visit and travel to each museum.... I want the experience to be so rich for you that you'll have no trouble writing and showing us about your visit.

if you have any problems or issues don't hesitate to get in touch with me...  I have office hours 4 days a week at Albertus... you can email me at jnevins@jnevins.com or Jnevins@albertus.edu  or phone me at home

Again, Welcome and let's have fun!

Jerry Nevins

No comments:

Post a Comment