Sunday, April 3, 2011

My experience at Bruce Museum

My visit at the Bruce Museum was quite refreshing and pleasant. It’s definitely a couple of notches down from the Metropolitan and Yale Art Gallery. However, the slow paste of the museum brought much advantages. The location of the Museum worked for me because it’s away from the city and parking was available on the campus of the Bruce Museum. Unlike Yale Art Gallery and The Metropolitan, Bruce Museum wasn’t as hectic on the day of my visit. I was very happy because they were only three people in the museum at the time of my visit. For me, that meant getting close, personal, and intimate with the artwork. The only drawback to this museums is that you can’t take pictures or touch any of the artwork. I saw some excellent pieces of artwork that I wanted to snap but I couldn’t photograph anything so, I documented some of the artwork that grab my attention and I promise, I will substitute them with images from Google. Again class,the docent waspolite and helpful! I had a wonderful time!!!

2 comments:

  1. Great Gary... Glad it was a positive experience for you... I should get down there to see the Cindy Sherman show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Professor please do,I love her photographs. Bruce Museum have an excellent layout of her pictures, it a must see!!!

    ReplyDelete