Friday, April 15, 2011

My Experience At The Wadsworth Atheneum Museum

My visit to the Wadsworth Atheneum was quite an adventure. I got up at five in the morning anticipating my journey to The Wadsworth Atheneum Museum. I arrived in Hartford at 9:30 am and I was anxious to view the Claude Monet collect and much of the European Art collections. I enter the museum at approximately 10:02. I paid a five dollars entrance fee and I asked the counter person a few question about Monet and his painting's locations. She said , “it straight ahead”. I Responded , “thank you.” Overjoyed to be in the presence of greatness, I immediately started to evaluate Monet’s collection. I went directly to one of Monet’s painting(the Japanese bridge). I was immediately reprimanded by one of the guard. The guard stated, “ you can’t get that close, they are not owned by the museum, and you can’t take any pictures of them either”. She continued,” You have to be within arms length of the paintings”. I said, “ oh really, thanks for the knowledge .” Although I was reprimanded, “ The guard didn’t break my spirit. Like a kid in the candy store, I continued my viewing and observation of Monet ‘s Collection(I was very impressed). After spending an hour and half in Monet’s gallery, I proceeded to second floor to view more of the European giants. I spend three and a half worthwhile hours at The Atheneum Museum viewing beautiful artwork that represented all periods and history. Again, I had another wonderful experience!!

No comments:

Post a Comment