Sunday, April 10, 2011

Picasso's Guernica Cubism/Surrealism

Guernica Oil on Canvass: 11ft. 5 1/2 in. x25 ft. 5 3/4. Good morning all, I will be posting pictures of my trip to the museums by tomorrow. However ,I learned about an interesting piece of artwork by Picasso while studying a piece of literature called "Things Fall Apart." "Things Fall Apart / Heart of Dark" portray a clash between the Nigeria's white colonial government and the traditional culture of the indigenous Igbo. The artwork represent death, dying, and Picasso's protest against brutality of war and tyranny. I'm having a great experience learning how artwork connect us to society. My previous class(Hispanic Civilization) I stumbled across Diego Velazquez and my current class(Hu 112) Pablo Picasso.Thisis very Strange but I'm enjoying every moment of the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment